08 July 2010

Sure ... It Stops Raining NOW ...


A lawn service mows our lawn. Why? Well, I'm not going to do it, and before that, Ryan did such a horrid job of it that we decided it was our best option.

They mow on Thursdays.

Last Thursday it rained - thus we have

The Attack of the Killer Lawn:

It was raining today, so I called and asked if they were going to mow anyway - since all our neighbors have lawn services and THEY ALL seem to have comely, shapely lawns, I just felt it was time we trickled to the top of their priority list.

They came out - rang my doorbell and told me that it was raining. Yeah - I could see that - but won't a mower work in a drizzle? He said he didn't understand. I sighed, thanked them since I don't speak spanish and he didn't speak much English - my - "When do you think you can get to my lawn?" question was not going to be answered.

It started to pour. The truck drove away - leaving me with my monstrous lawn.

It is now clear - and I am sure they are off mowing some lucky persons lawn ....



... but it sure ain't mine ...

No comments: