07 July 2010

Papau New Guinea

Gary sent me some photos from Papau New Guinea yesterday. Below are the machete wielding cannibals he has to contend with:

Apparently Papau New Guinea'eans have a fascination / respect for / love of (?) pigs. I can't remember what Gary told me about them. I don't think it is a spiritual thing or anything but they are there buddies, live in their houses with them - maybe sort of like George Clooney and his pot belly pig ...

Gary has been spending his time being choppered from one building site to another and he took these aerial shots:

Beaver Falls:

Village:
I was a bit nervous until he told me that he was taking these photos through glass ... I feel much better not picturing him leaning out of the chopper to get the best shot ...

He arrives back in Brisbane straight from the jungles the night before I arrive the next morning.

I think we are both going to be tired puppies ....

1 comment:

Liz said...

those shots from the chopper are so cool. cant be down with the pigs...i knew george clooney was creepy!