03 July 2010

Rain

My friend last night mentioned that the pain in every joint of my body probably has something to do with the weather. Duh ... Why I hadn't thought of that is beyond me ...

But: WHAT IS UP WITH THIS RAIN?

We got home from Austin and I don't think there have been more than a few hour breaks from the rain in the last 3 days. I feel so sorry for moms with small kids - I am sure being housebound for days is oh so much fun - for both mother and child.

I like in these photos you can see our mail carriers truck peeking out from the left side ... neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, ... (but apparently Saturdays) can keep the mail away - poor mailman ...


It started up again this morning. I thought maybe the worst was over. I mean - how much water can actually dump from the sky day after day? I would assume it would run out.


And it seems to now be weighing down my psyche. Rain is depressing, gray, gloomy. Rain makes you want to stay indoors and not get chores done. Rain is just ick. It just make me pull the covers over my head and try not to weep ... FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER!


I am hoping it goes away soon ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rain is usually a relief from the dry heat here, and if it comes with a charged atmosphere (thunder and lightning) it's a treat, sorry it has you down. I suppose your too old to put on a sock puppet show for Charlie, or make a cool fort out of couch cushions, chairs and blankets. Make the best of it kiddo, after the rain there is always sunshine. AJ