22 July 2010

Places to go, Things to see, Much to do ...


Spent yesterday being a total slug. Read my book. Ignored my decisions for Hobart, Tasmania, ignored the laundry. It was MARVELOUS!

Gary came home early to meet a guy who was putting a new windscreen on his car (windshield) - we had a rock hit it last time I was here and there was a serious crack. After that - we decided to go to dinner and a movie.

Stepped outside on a beautiful, Brisbane day:

Walked to Queen Street - got dinner - then off to the mind bending 'Inception'. It's ... odd, weird, unusual - we LOVED it! Then home and since I had done nothing all day ... of course ... I was spent! So off to bed with me.

Now it is Friday and we are heading to Hobart, Tasmania, Australia tomorrow morning at what Gary calls 'O'Dark Hundred' (very, very early). Ryan asked what we expected to see in Hobart. Told him I didn't know - that's why we were going.

Won't see the Tasmanian Devil - unfortunately their population has declined very rapidly by a cancer that seems to spread like a virus that leave tumors all over their faces and eventually kills them by suffocation or starvation since it blocks airways, etc. Not a fun way to go. There is a sanctuary that is collecting the healthy ones and trying with DNA to make them resistant to the virus or they will soon be extinct ... sad ... and no Tasmanian Devil for us to see I am sure.

By tomorrow this time I will be in the air - but by afternoon - my itinerary has us taking a historical walk through downtown. We are staying in a historical building, right on a historical harbour and surrounded by old, historical buildings - so fun photo ops - and the hotel has Internet in the room - so I will be able to harass y'all and fill by blog with photos!

So off to do what I should have done yesterday, the laundry, clean up, packing - and then - on to adventure!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Have a great time in Tasmania!

That is really sad about the Tasmanian Devils. What an awful disease.

You could just put in a picture of the cartoon Tasmanian Devil and I would be good!