27 July 2010

It's Complicated ...


Some final, random shots of Tasmania.

This was a lovely ivy covered little school next to a church:

This was just next to our hotel. What you cannot see because of the beautiful fairy lights in the trees is that it is a line of old warehouses converted into shops. Impossible to photograph because of the line of trees and the tables with their umbrellas in front of every pub and restaurant - but beautiful. It was a nice walk to get dinner - beautiful at night:

I threw in the 'before' shot just for fun ... the upper is better ... yes?


On the flight home, as we took off from Melbourne, banking sharply - I could see forests of eucalyptus trees for as far as the eye could see. I remembered last time we were in Melbourne ... stumbling upon Koalas in the forest and got a wee bit teary eyed. Oh, how I wish I could do that again! What excitement! What a thrill! What beautiful, gentle creatures! I WANT TO SEE A KOALA AGAIN ...

And it started me thinking - what am I going to miss the most about Australia?

I was going to make a top 10 list and was mentally working on it - having come up with (in no particular order):

- Stumbling upon Koalas in the wild
- Finding Gary in the apartment after 28 hours of travel
- The Sydney Opera House (with and without fireworks)
- The view from our apartment ... Story Bridge ... downtown
- Knowing which side of the sidewalk to walk on in a crowd
- Watching kangaroos hop in the wild
- Playing with wild birds (feeding them salt free sunflower seeds helps make friends...)
- The people, the accent, the kindness, the smiles
- Lounging about with nothing more pressing than finishing a book

So .... the top 10 was going to be difficult. I had been mulling it over for 24 hours. Morosely, wishing this wasn't the end, selfishly want more, more, more.

Fast forward to this morning (Wed) and a conversation with Gary. It included one tiny sentence that flipped my top ten list on its head.




I may be coming back.




Like I said ... it's complicated ...

1 comment:

Vicki said...

He may be coming back? So what's happening? It has been such a lovely adventure.