14 July 2010

Papua New Guinea


Gary, in very un-Gary-like fashion, took a TON of photos in Papua New Guinea. He said that some were up high in the chopper and needed my Photoshop 'magic'. So I have been playing and perusing.

Turning this:

Into this:
But some of my favourites? This has to be my all time favourite ... HE TOOK A PICTURE OF HIS FEET!!

And for having very long arms - long enough to be able to take photos of himself without that 'look - I just took a photo of myself' look - he sure didn't smile or PRETEND he was having fun ...


The huts in all these photos (except where I point out a school) are their houses. A little too 'back to the basics' for me ...

And this canoe - is this just not precious? A hollowed out log? And a VOP to add character! (Very Old Person):






Loved this foggy one:


And the huts! How picturesque! How so not really where I would want to live:


For 30 horrifying seconds I thought this beautiful child had 3 legs - but then if he had 3 legs - he had to have had 3 eyes - and decided that there was a smaller, shy child hiding behind him. Gary verified this for me:



This is their walls - it is woven - and beautiful - I think it would make a great floor mat:

The Schoolhouse:


The people:


Some beautiful photos - and all taken by Gary Hurst ...

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Such neat photos. Thanks for sharing.

Cherri said...

What an adventure he has had. He better write down some of them!

Jennifer said...

I cheer Gary for taking a photo of his feet! Hip Hip Hooray!!!