06 July 2010

Sheer Lunacy

So, maybe it is the hour, the phase of the moon, what I had for dinner (wait ... I didn't have dinner ...) - who knows?

Sitting here after 1:00am because I have sheets in the washer and if I don't get them in the dryer tonight, my cleaning lady won't have dry sheets to make the bed and HEAVEN KNOWS I can't make a bed all by myself ...

So - I got the SUPER NEATO idea to check out making your blog into a book.

Found the site blog2print.sharedbook.com and decided ... what the hell? I am sleep deprived, coming off a barfing bender, been running after Jessie all afternoon. What better time to make a timely / pricey decision than now?

Put in the first year I started - June 2008 to the end of the year and it looked pretty cool (yeah - and all the photos here are crap since they have those annoying lines through them like when you take a photo of a computer screen ... - they look LOVELY in the book ...):


So, I decided ... expensive - but I am probably going to do it anyway - lets do 2009. Waited and waited and waited:

And to my chagrin it came back and told me that my blog 'exceeded the maximum allowable pages'. Now that is A LOT OF INSIPID DRIVEL!!!!

Split it into a Vol 1 and Vol 2 and I am the proud owner of 3 volumes of my rantings and ravings.
Some fun stats:

It asked for a Dedication - so here they go - with the actual number of pages in the book following it:

To Me ... 235
To Me ... again ... 409
To Me ... because no one else cares ... 369

That is A LOT of crap ... and I am sort of at a loss as to what my next Dedication should be ... any ideas?


Why I would pay for this is beyond me. I will wake up in the morning and probably kick myself, but ... they are in the mail.

One of the funnest things? It takes the first photo of the blog and uses it on the cover. On "Lori's Blog 2009 Vol 2" it is a picture of Gary's butt ... how fun is that?

Let the kicking commence in 6 hours ....

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Hey, I'm glad you did it! I think you'll be glad you did.

The dedications were a little weak :-)

Love ya!

Cherri said...

What a neat way to remember all the trials and tears, and the strength you came up with when you dug deep to overcome them all. I know you have struggled, but through it all you have grown and loved and worked together with your family to make it better.