11 May 2010

Who Knew? Brisbane has WEATHER!!!


Brisbane seems to have a law enacted that every day be beautiful, cloud free, rain free and a nice temperature. Disgusting ... Gary mentioned that the weather is much like San Diego and it is very true ...

Yesterday I got a taste of something different ... for a change - the weather was not perfect!

It started with cloudy skies and I realized, that after the early morning clouds burn off, (there, of course, to make sunrise photos much better - another Brisbane law, I suppose ...) there are generally no clouds in the sky - so I snapped a shot:

Next time I looked out the window - it was pouring rain. I just read something from 2006 (popular places to photograph in Brisbane) and they mentioned they were currently in a drought that was the worst one in 100 years - I wonder if that is still so?

Of, course - after the rain - things just looked spectacular:


I couldn't sleep after 4:30am today (Wednesday) and when I looked out the window while roaming the apartment, I realized that Story Bridge was gone - very unsettling. I realized that we were, yet again - fogged in. I wondered if the poor saps on Qantas flight 16 from LA were going to make it - so I looked it up. The were diverting to: Nouméa. Blink. Blink. Where is that?

I looked it up in Google maps and it mentioned New Caledonia and was an island. Wikipedia says that it is a 'overseas collectivity' of France. So ... they are landing in French country - bet they are not allowed off the plane either. Much more exotic than my stop in cow country!

I don't know if they are going to make it in by the 8:30 scheduled arrival - the fog is taking its sweet time burning off:

Overcast, rain, fog ... I'm just waiting for the snow!!

No comments: