01 May 2010

The Dreaded 'Encounter'

Jessie: "Mom, I go play with toys."

Me: "Jess, there aren't any toys up in your room anymore. I gave them to other children who would play with them. You are a big girl now and don't need toys."

Jessie: "No toys?"

Me: "No toys."


Jessie: "I go see."

If you didn't see those blogs, I converted her room (due to a huge need to move on) from this:


To this:

Jessie comes back down.
Jessie: "Mom, no toys."
Me: "Nope, but you do have toys in the kitchen cupboard - lets go play with those ..."
Jessie: "Nah, no toys. Can I have crackers?"

5 comments:

Cherri said...

That is my response when someone takes away my toys as well, hence my shape!

Vicki said...

That is a pretty amazing response. I gave away a child's stuffed animal (ten years after they were through playing with it) and the response was MUCH more severe than Jess's.

Court said...

Happy girl! Moving on . Doing big girl things. Nice work, Lori. Time to celebrate with some crackers!

Laura said...

I love it! I think we should all move on to other things by eating crackers. I know I'd be happier!

Unknown said...

I can imagine you may have been anticipating the worst what with the look she gave you in the first photo. She handled it well! Break out the Triscuits!