22 May 2010

Saturday in Sydney


Got to Sydney Friday night ... in the rain. What is up with us and vacationing in the rain?

Saturday morning saw a few rays peeking through:
Then we did something we didn't do last time we were in Sydney - take a tour inside the Opera House. We weren't allowed to take photographs in the theatres, but she gave us permission in this one ... for some reason. I contains the largest pipe organ in the entire world:


Had a good time getting close ups:

And panoramas:



Then headed to the Capitol Theatre for 'Wicked' and I was going to cheat and take photos during the production, but I couldn't do it - having been politely asked not to (as a group - not me personally) so all I have is the interior of the theatre:


This evening we took a taxi over to the botanical gardens to get night shots of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge from another angle than last time ....



... to come later ...




No comments: