16 May 2010

Stuff


So ... took my GOOD camera to church this time and wandered the same haunts I wandered last week - but with that 'lets take photos of textures' in mind ...

But first - I thought I would place a side by side comparison of May of 2009 (left) and May 2010 (right). See a tiny difference?

Yes, there is a high rise apartment building rising quickly above us ... It has been interesting. I can't see the building, but from the office (where I can see into the windows of those two apartment buildings on the right ... I can see the crane and hear the workers. I find it odd that they work 24 hours on this building, but at night they are WAY quieter than during the day. How does that work? Do they hired super good guys for the night shift that can do the work quieter? Save up more quiet work for the evening?

All I know is I can really only hear them when I am in the office - so it has not bothered me at all. Sort of ruins the skyline though ...

My texture photos (now I have a beach set and a church set):
Granite


Bushes


Bushes

Plants

Rock Wall

Tree Bark

Tree tops

Plants

Palm tree bark

Ripples on Brisbane River

And my masterpiece - made with a flower photo and the last two textures - the palm tree being made into the borders and the ripples as an overlay to make the texture in the photo ....


Off to bed ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Something about the plant one grabbed me. You're so creative, Lori.