15 May 2010

Texture Heaven


Went to the beach today.

Been there ...

Done that ...

So - I set my photo sites on something a little closer to my feet. The goal was to get a complete set of 'beach texture shots'. I use textures in a lot of ways - I stepped you through making borders with one of sawdust if you remember ...

As I suspected ... the beach was bursting with great texture shots! I've decided that they are beautiful in their own right:
(rock - on the ground)
(sand over rock with a little water on top)
(sideways shot of some layered rock)
(some sort of marine growth on rock and sand)
(shells on rock)
(sand)

As I was taking these, Gary mentioned that if he had not seen the 'magic' I could do with them, he would have thought that I had been out in the sun just a wee bit too long!

(shells on rock)
(sideways shot of interesting colour rock)
(rock on the ground)
(larger shot of above rock with water on it)
(sand)
(rock with some sort of spidery web-like growth)



Of course, when I got home I had to play ...



I did take some other photos:







But too lazy to post any others ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I love the pictures, some almost look like fossilized impressions of mud, slate, or bark on a tree. Could you tell me what I'm looking at?
They are so interesting looking.
Later. AJ

Court said...

Textures. Love it.