01 May 2010

Photoshop Addiction

Been having waaaay to much fun with Photoshop lately. It is amazing what you can do with it. I read their magazines and get ideas then go to town. It has helped my proficiency and speed with the product enormously.

Adding 'glows' to flowers takes just a few minutes:


Emphasizing flowers in a photo takes more time, but hey, I needed to work with the 'shape' tool more anyway ...

And then there is the Orb:



Or, if your file is not quite square the Oval:


It is a piece of cake:
1) Take a photo of flowers and crop to a square size if you want it round
2) Select: Filter - Distort - Polar Coordinates and click 'Polar to Rectangular' in the pop up menu
3) Rotate your photo 180 degrees
4) Select: Filter - Distort - Polar Coordinates and this time click 'Rectangular to Polar'
and voilĂ  you have the 'Orb' ...

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I love it! I'm glad you are taking the time to document it all. I absolutely would NEVER have figured out how to make the shower invitations without your step by step instructions.

I'm so glad you are enjoying life so much.