25 May 2010

I Missed this Puppy ...


OK, Gary is going to be APPALLED! He really misses the dog and lately has wistfully wished for a boxer puppy. OVER. MY. DEAD. BODY. The last time we had two dogs - one ate a hole in the wall and an entire couch ...

I do miss ALL my children ...

But about 5 seconds after the wheels touched the tarmac here in LA - I turned on my Blackberry.

It started downloading 3 weeks worth of e-mails and facebook notifications. I was in gadget heaven as we taxied to the gate. I LOVE having my e-mails, my facebook, my text messages in my pocket. I don't know how I lived without it before my Blackberry.

Pathetic, I know, but there it is.

And - it gave me something to do here in a little restaurant in LAX: a bottomless Diet Pepsi, a table, my computer ... and my trusty Blackberry in my pocket. If you gotta just sit in an airport for two hours waiting for a flight (yeah! I actually got through all the lines with enough time to catch my breath and then some ....) - surfing, blogging, e-mailing & facebooking is most definitely the way to go!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's todays version of IS THAT A BLACKBERRY IN YOUR POCKET, OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE ME?
Welcome home! Later AJ

Kristie said...

You got to let Gary get that Boxer puppy because they are so BAD but there is nothing cuter than a boxer puppy!!!

Lori Hurst said...

Kristie - may I remind you that when you had the option to get a second boxer - you declined. HELP ME OUT HERE!!!!

Kristie said...

Lori - Scout is my 2nd Boxer - I declined the 3rd, but as soon as Scout passes on, I WILL be getting a 3rd. :)

Lori Hurst said...

I meant at the same time! We have Charlie - I don't think that I can deal with 2 dogs ...

Kristie said...

Ok - I get that!! Love ya - Hope your next flight is better than this one!! It sounded awful!