03 November 2009

Empty Headed


Given the following question six months ago: "Which would be more difficult for your body to adjust to: 1) Jet lag of a 15 - 16 hour time difference or 2) Fall's daylight savings time adjustment of gaining an hour?" I would have spontaneously, mindlessly, without a doubt said that the first situation would be much more difficult. Ask me that today?

First, I would probably ask you if you would be so kind as to repeat the question ... I wasn't listening to a word you were saying, then I would want a bit of time to ponder ... maybe a little power nap - so, could you give me a couple of hours? Is it essay? Multiple choice? A minimum / maximum word size? Is this a test? I get anxious taking tests, so don't tell me if it is, just say it is a question ... that should work. What were we talking about?

So, Friday I picked up Gary at the airport. It is good to have him home for a week. Sleep wise, though, things are messed up. Neither of us got much sleep Friday and I woke up at 4:00am with a migraine and not a happy camper. Saturday - Gary plays his best imitation of a guy who will burst into flames if not moving 100% of the time. I don't do a thing except try to fix a headache.

Saturday night - same thing - just with an extra hour thrown in.

When I don't feel well, I don't blog - so my 'hysterical' sits and waits, and waits for something to come and knock it out off the top spot. But, in addition to not feeling so hot, I am at a complete and total loss for words - nothing. This is so foreign to me - I can generally string together a few words - but: no - no words, no stringing, nothing but a big, huge open void of nothing.

We are now on Tuesday - I still am not sleeping, the dull throb in my head is back to just being a dull throb in my head, I am still trying to write a post that I have started countless times and just stared - mindlessly at the screen.

I am looking forward to my next trip to Australia. I will be leaving on a Tuesday and arrive at Gary's apartment on a Thursday - with my parents in tow. We will be headed to New Zealand for 8 days - roughly half the time we are there. Hoping to find some fun places to photograph - my father is a great photographer. I will have to see how the jet lag theory looks.

Well, since there was no point to this post, I started it over 24 hours ago, & it's crap, I will put an end to this miserable piece of crap ...

Crap, crap, crap ...

2 comments:

Court said...

Wouldn't it be great if y'all had superhero watches capable of synchronizing your sleep? The standard fist bump would work too. Wonder twin powers activate! Form of...sleeping!

Jennifer said...

This post must exist if only for
"Gary plays his best imitation of a guy who will burst into flames if not moving 100% of the time."

Priceless.