28 November 2009

Picture Perfect Day


Oh. My. Gosh! Could we have had more fun today?

I will update y'all ad naseum later, but today - well, today was THE DAY!

We went to Milford Sound and took a cruise on a ship to the end of the fjord. We saw everything and had wonderful photos on the way their and the way back.

We actually had horrible rain yesterday, but only while driving and it made for excellent waterfalls everywhere!

We got on the ship and saw dolphins (they said very rare), penguins and seals! I actually have a shot of a dolphin in the wild jumping out of the water! And they are hard to predict where they are going to come up so I am thrilled!

We had beautiful scenery, animals - perfect perfect day!
Milford Sound:














Don't really know how much internet time so might not update until back in Australia.

Am bone tired and happy, happy, happy to the core!

3 comments:

Laura said...

What beautiful pictures! I tried to take pictures of dolphins when we went on our cruise. I actually caught a couple of them coming out of the water, but we were so far away, it's hard to tell they are actually there! Yours are much better.

You guys seem to be having an amazing time in New Zealand. I am enjoying looking at all of your picture and reading your adventures.

Cherri said...

Okay, I'm admitting to be geographically challenged myself. The Alps? From New Zealand? Great timing on your pictures, the critters are awesome.

Jeff said...

I should be there with you guys...