07 November 2009

Sigh ...

Went to pick up Jessie today at RSS - usually get her Sunday, but since Gary moved to Australia and Ryan moved to San Antonio - I can't get Gary to the airport at 4:00pm and Jessie back at 4:30pm so today we got her ...

I drove in and saw that they had their Christmas decorations up. Don't know if they had their lights up. Every year they decorate the entire place with 'stuff' and a ton of lights and you can go tour it with your kiddos. Jessie thinks it is cool and we actually did this once when they were young. But - November 7th? ... it could have been there last Sunday for all I know - Ryan went to pick her up because I had a migraine. Ugh. I am not even celebrating Thanksgiving (I will be in New Zealand cavorting around with Gary and my parents) and still - I am not ready for Christmas stuff to be out. In fact - I am not going to be hauling all my Christmas crap down from the attic myself - so we just might be decoration-less at the Hurst's this year. *grumble, grumble* OK, maybe a trunk or two but not all 14'is trunks that are up there ...

I can't quite figure out if the stuff at RSS is scary. True - most people see it at night, but I think some of it is past it's prime:



I like the gazebo there decorated with frost:



Snoopy and the gang frighten me:


R2D2!? Some are a wee bit old (but truth? One of my favorite!) It says may the force be with you at Christmas - how weird is that?


I think they are made out of Papier-mâché, and I don't know who makes them, they are a bit 'off' but maybe that add to their charm (except one in the Cinderella section looks suspiciously like a department store mannequin ...)

Oh, well. Jessie likes them and I am not going to start paying attention to Christmas just because the entire country is decked out. I am just hoping I get in the spirit before Dec 25!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am no help. Last year I was fairly spiritless. Shuck the trappings of the world, I say. Decorate if and when you want to. 14 crates attest to the fact that you are a Christmas decor junkie, so if you take a year or a dozen crates off, that's cool.

Court said...

It's hard to get into the Christmas spirit when it is still 75 degrees outside. However, I did see some yellow leaves falling in the neighborhood today. So...fall might get here before we know it. ;)