22 November 2009

Sunday

Well, it is Monday morning and we seemed to have stepped off the plane from the US and continued a break-necked pace ... until now. I am a bit ill and we are leaving for New Zealand tomorrow so I will need to rest today. I will probably hand my parents a map and show them the door - bad, bad daughter. (They have a phone to call me if they are lost so not so bad ...)

I found an accessory that I am THRILLED with on Saturday. It is called "The Original Australian Bush Hat'. It is leather and folds. It has a scarf around it with aboriginal artwork and it keeps my hair out of my eyes and the sun off my face. I look like an Australian Wannabe but I really don't care all that much ...

We went to the Glass House Mountains - somewhere I have blogged about before, but I had not seen them from this lookout that sort of 'mushes' them together and I made a panorama (it is always hazy - so nothing much I can do but try to fix it a bit):



We then entered into the GPS system a town where there was a dairy and Gary said there was cheese tasting and ice cream to die for. We were excited and headed out. The GPS headed out and took us on a dirt road - seriously. But while we were on it, my dad spotted a Roo - an impossible find - hiding in the bushes.

We took photos of him then routinely moved closer to him to make him move. It was hot and he wanted nothing to do with moving, but we were annoying him. I couldn't get him to move without waving and shouting at him so I can now add "Roo Chaser" to my resume.
We got to the ice cream place 15 minutes after it closed and Gary was MIFFED. He had his heart set on ice cream, so we drove for an hour to the coast and the first thing we did was find ice cream for all.

We were at Noosa Head - also a place I have blogged about before, but it was windy and there were about 20 Kite Surfers playing in the water and were fun to watch. They would let their kites fly up and out of the water they would fly - doing somersaults or just hanging in the air. They were supremely fun to watch and we stayed until the sun went down on one final surfer showing off to the crowd.

I don't mention my husbands kick-butt ability over me in taking photos very often because I am jealous of him, but thought that I would put an example here to show you the difference in what I see and what he sees, and can do.

Here is one of maybe 200 photos I took of the surfer - probably the best I could do:


Garys photo is above (I can't seem to write this above the photo and don't have the patience to keep working on it ... stupid blog ...). He KICKED MY BUTT!

He won the 'Photo Contest of the Day' for Sunday hands down!

We are going to take a walk to let Dad take photos of the beautiful churches around or I am going to let my parents take photos while I rest and do laundry in preparation for packing tonight.

Then off to New Zealand early tomorrow morning!

Hopefully I will have time to post - because I have a feeling I am going to have more photos than I know what to do with in the 8 days we are going to be there!

Here's wishing we all get tons of kick-butt photos in New Zealand!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I LOVE the hat!

Jennifer said...

Gary has the advantage of excessive height. Better vantage point. So really, it isn't fair. Not that he isn't a kick-butt photographer, because that shot rocks.