15 November 2009

Typical Sunday Conversations


Pick Jessie up from what was called Richmond State School and now is called Richmond State Supported Living Center so RSS is sort of out and I guess RSSLC is in? Driving home in the car:

Jessie: "Where's Daddy?"

Lori: "Australia"

Jessie: "Where's Charlie?"

Lori: "At home, you will see her when we get there."

Jessie: "No work today?"

Lori: "No, it is Sunday, you don't have work on Sunday."

Jessie: "Can I watch Tinkerbell?"

Lori: "Yes"

At this point, she starts over - you would be amazed at how many times we can rotate though these 4 questions on the ride home.

We were interrupted today by Daddy calling since he needed to get to work - he called me on my cell while we were driving home - thus I was spared some of the permutations.


Of course, she doesn't really watch Tinkerbell, just likes to have it on and the conversation reverts to crackers - for some reason she demands crackers every time she comes home - we are apparently the place for crackers.


Then it is on to:

Jessie: "Mom, I'm ready to go back"

Lori: "Tinkerbell is not even over!"

Jessie: "I'm ready to go back"

Lori: "OK ..."


And off we go (I wait until Tinkerbell ends out of principle). Apparently I don't rate up there in the 'fun' catagory. She is happier with her friends.

3 comments:

A.J. said...

I'm sure she enjoyed the time with you Lori. Relationships are hard and I can't begin to imagine the challenges you and Gary face. I know that we miss people we love when they're not there, but we give them nary a second thought when they are within reach.
I can't help to think that the same is true for Jessie too. Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! They are so Jessie!

I remember when my daughter got married - and how my relationship with her changed. I thought of the scripture, "They shall cleave unto each other and none else." I remember thinking, "I don't want to be 'none else'." I told a friend who said, "Wait until they have kids. Then you will REALLY be none else."

Hard as it is to see relationships change, it warms my heart to think of her so happy at RSS...

Court said...

Jessie looks great! I'm glad she is happy at her school and that she looks forward to being with her friends.

You are a loving mama.