18 November 2009

Stand There Long Enough ...

... and you never know what you are going to see out our apartment window.

There we were, my dad and I taking photos of some sort of sculling class:




When a group of military helicopters, flying in formation buzzed our building and disappeared behind the sky rises of down town!





The above photos are actually NOT from that initial buzz - I was so surprised I didn't have my camera ready - so they politely did it 4 more times - which I was ready for and got some good shots.

They then became annoying and buzzing the apartment 6 - 8 more times after dark flying with lights out.

What military unit does maneuvers in a down town?

They were still at it as we went to bed.

Didn't take this photo out the apartment window - we were down on the river walk - but have you seen anything more bizarre? Looks like it belongs in Hong Kong or some such place!

Having a good time.

Probably going to play around the apartment today and take the City Cat (water taxi) to see the river today and go play with kangaroos, koalas and lorikeets tomorrow.


Until then ...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'd have been nervous about the helicopters. Paranoid.

Vicki said...

Very interesting pictures. That boat looked straight from Hong Kong. Very strange.