20 November 2009

Friday


Lone Pine Sanctuary is one of my favoritest places on earth. Too many fun things to do. We had a blast today. Grandma had to always play 'model' since me and Grandpa wanted to photograph.

The kangaroos:

A mama and her Joey who looks a wee bit to big to be in that pouch:





Then on to snuggling with the koalas:

Met a mighty big lizard of some sort getting tongue fulls of ants as a tasty snack (check out that tongue action!):

Time to feed the lorikeets:


And then on to the sleep koalas. They only eat eucalyptus leaves and they do not get much nutrition so they sleep on average 18 - 20 hours a day!

Zen:






Last (sort of - well, in my blog) is the Bird of Prey show - fantastic, beautiful birds:


Angry eyes:


Angrier eyes!
Adorable barn owl:



Very large, beautiful bird - I forget the name:

All in all a good day - my dad took a ton of photos and my mom had a blast - so a successful day all round!

Tomorrow we are going to get up at 4:30am and drive to a rain forest hoping to catch some kangaroos in the wild at dawn. Then on to an absurdly full day.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I keep scrolling up to see those angry (and angrier) eyes! They just make me giggle.

I gotta say that the joey in the pouch is grossing me out. Very birth canal. It looks nothing like cute animated Kanga with little Roo in her pouch.