06 November 2009

Brazos Bend, Buc-ee's, Blackberries and Bikes ...


Busy day today. Gary had suggested a few days ago that we get up before sunrise and drive out to Brazos Bend State Park one day and take photos. Very nice of him, I might add.

Today was the day. With Gary not getting as much sleep as he would have liked, I half expected him to shaft me and stay in bed - but, no - at 6:00am he was ready to walk out the door.

Before we got all the way there, we had color in the sky and I told Gary I wanted a photo of a 'windmill' with the sky. Apparently these are 'pumps' not windmills and Gary is a good spotter. Satisfied that I had one set of decent shots - that the day would not be a total waste, I relaxed and enjoyed the ride.

It was foggy and I wondered how long it would take for it to burn off. It came and went in patches. This next photo shows patches of fog (the white) in the meadow with my doe:


Title: "Foggy Meadow"


Title: "Dewdrops"


The fog persisted as a haze - but it made for some cool shots:






Title: "Ghost Web"

Decided to head home and while stopped at a light - spied something that totally suprised me:

Buc-ee's! At 59 and Crabb River Road! I thought they were a sort of 'one of a kind' type of store? I'm in trouble if I get a hankering for fudge - this is way closer!

Gary has decided that he needs a racing bike in the U.S. for when he is here and we were going to stop by a couple of stores on the way home ... but they didn't open until 10:00. We decided to go to Verizon and pick me out my new phone (just for fun and it was time to get a new one ...). I was going to go with the new Droid but my fingers could not reach the keys to type - thus a brand spanking new Blackberry - exactly like Garys work mobile. New Toys!!!



So, what, you ask - no photo of a bike? Well, since my hubbie went out in search of one hours ago - I am thinking it exists - just hasn't found its way home yet ...

7 comments:

Laura said...

Love the pictures. I want to know what spiders made those webs! They were BIG!! Also, where is your mandatory alligator picture? Didn't you know it's required when you go to Brazos Bend? And finally, Robert and I went to that Buc-ees once, and we didn't see any fudge. Do they really have it there?

Lori Hurst said...

The spider webs were HUGE! There was a web in every square opening on the dock out on the first lake. No spiders anywhere - must have been a spider convention somewhere.

We didn't see any alligators - maybe they are not 'morning animals'.

Good to know about Buc-ees! I like knowing that the fudge is well beyond my grasp!

Linda said...

The photos are breathtaking. You are so spoiled. I am jealous about the Blackberry. Wow!

Cherri said...

I can see why Christmas holds no allure for you - your last post refers to it, but with your Hurst's Amazon Prime Ordering System and enough cash, every week is Christmas for you guys! I look forward to even more posts, because now you don't even have to be at one of your "homes" to post!

Cherri said...

Oh, forgot to mention how much I loved the pics of the doe - looks like she is surrounded by quilt batting, not fog. Surreal!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the spanish moss trees in the fog. Gorgeous.

You have the same phone as Andy. I have a Blackberry that flips closed, but I don't take advantage of all the fanciness. I hold high hopes for you, though.


Mmmmmmm, fudge.

Court said...

Those pictures are straight up TEXAS!