19 November 2009

Yesterday


Well, it is early Friday morning here and I didn't post a blog last night. I drug my parents all over Brisbane and we didn't get home until late, then off to a late dinner and drop into bed.

We hit the botanical gardens first and there were many more flowers than I had seen on my earlier visits - I guess spring is really here!






We then headed on the City Cat (water taxi) for a tour of the area and got off at South Bank - where the arbors are. There was a new piece of art hanging over an intersection:


There were also these adorable little baby birds in a pond. The photo is not great. But HOW CUTE ARE THOSE GINORMOUS FEET!?


Then on to Queen Street for some shopping. They are already decked out for the holidays, but their decorations are to die for. Here is my favorite of many angels:



We leave in a few hours to go to Lone Pine Sanctuary - where we will feed the kangaroos, cuddle with koalas and all sorts of other things. My mother is especially excited.

It is going to be a fun day.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love the art. I can relate to your love of flowers with my love of art. Which seems strange since it isn't really a big part of my daily life, it seems. Still - joy. And now I have to plan a trip to the fine arts museum.