14 November 2009

He's Already Bought the Lilies


Talked to Gary a few hours ago. He has cleaned the apartment, washed all the ginormous windows, swept the floors and balcony and vacuumed. He has purchased food for the week - and the traditional lilies! He has washed the car - and who knows what else in preparation to our arrival (me and my parents) at his abode. We depart for Australia this Monday, arriving on Wednesday - Australia time.

Me?

I purchased food for the next 2 weeks, have two items being delivered to my door next week, scheduled my cleaning lady to come a week from Tuesday, bought the cutest little plant and orchid - both requiring watering, oh, some time within the 3 weeks I will be gone. Haven't charged my camera batteries. Haven't charged my laptop battery. Haven't charged my baby laptop batteries. Haven't started accumulating my pile of gadgets. I have spaced out paying bills that will come due while I am gone.

It's not like I don't know that I am heading to Australia - I have been super busy planning the New Zealand trip which is embedded in the trip to Australia - so you would think that I would have this figured out.

I think my brain is broken.

If you think about it, could you call me Monday morning and tell me to pack?

No comments: