13 November 2009

Doors

I went to lunch with Bonne and Linda today and as I was getting out of Linda's car, I spotted two doors. I mentioned that I wanted to take pictures of them. After lunch I did just that. I don't know why, but I love taking photos of doors (windows too, if we are going to be picky). Today, I started wondering why? I mean ... doors?!

I started thinking of all the symbolism that goes along with doors and it probably has something to do with that. A door is an entrance to a new adventure. A door takes you from one place to another. A door can shut out all the uglies (at least for a while). A door can close off all the noise of the world. A door is the entrance to unlimited possibilities .... I would go on, but you get the gist.




And, pretty much, I just like the look of cool doors!



I noticed something today, though. Europe kicks butt when it comes to doors. I liked the doors I took photos of today:





But ....


Prague,

for
one,
really


really

really


knows
how
to

make

a

beautiful

door!

You never know what is behind that door ... go check it out!

5 comments:

A.J. said...

Doors offer security, and if you're Bilbo Baggins the opening of a door can lead to unimaginable adventurers. I love the pictures of the doors, I have a friend who is a master wood carver and furniture builder. Your pictures reminded me of some of his work. It's good to see you back.

Cherri said...

I think Gary should make all of his siblings (starting with me) a cool entrance door into their house. He has the smarts, he has the tools, and he occasionally has the time! Whaddya think?

Lori Hurst said...

I think me first!

Cherri said...

No, you get all the opportunities to take pictures. You also get all the other furniture he makes.

Court said...

I love doors and all their symbolism too. Great photos!