01 October 2010

Two Thirty AM

Well, I am up ... coughing up a lung and thought - what better to do than bother the blog world?

So - I took a sampling of my photos I took yesterday - very random and will 'soldier on':

GARY:

Gary has come along ways:

August 17th:


August 18th:


I really regret I never took a photo of his suture with all 20 staples in it unbandaged - you will just have to use your imagination. There is only certain times when I can say "Gary, let me photograph your chest" and have him comply ... most days during his recovery were not those types of days ...

To:

September 30th:

Not too bad, eh? He is well on his way to recovery - and VERY DETERMINED to get the full use of his arm back ... thus, it shall come to pass ...

Helped Gary move the new bed into Ryan's Old Bedroom / New Guest Room. I think it is going to be rather lovely room. Gary is going to start on the Mission Style desk after he moves back - I am excited to see it 'born':


This little guy was outside when I went out to the garage to make sure Gary hadn't accidentally cut off an arm or something and bleeding to death (I do this often when I have not seen the man for hours ...). He was gracious enough to stick around for me to go get my camera, but being that he is trying to crawl into a crack in the foundation, I don't really think he wanted his picture taken. It was also dark, so my flash would strobe first - to reduce red eye (it did - no red eyed frog here) and to find the subject to focus on. I am sure he just thought he was being pulled over by a police officer:


And then I went on a stupid quest to photograph my sparkly water glinting in the dark on my Chicks and Hens. I failed miserably:

And that was it for the photographs.


It is now almost 3:00am and I would be in quite a lot of trouble if Gary knew I was up - but my coughing (my cold has, unfortunately moved down into my lungs) seems to keep him stirring and I don't want him up all night either.


Trouble is, we are heading to Austin tomorrow to see Ryan, his 'never before seen by his parents' apartment, and UT Austin campus - all in a fun filled Friday afternoon and evening. We plan on heading out early - me weighted down with all three cameras at the ready for any photographic opportunities should they arise ...


Then home late, and off on Saturday to pick up Jessie for her weekly (and very busy) visit.


Gary leaves for Australia on Sunday and then things will quiet down for a bit.



'For a bit' ....






If I live that long *cough, cough*





Night all ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's 5:30 in the morning, I fire up the computer and think should I check out her blog? Naah, I saw it last night a 10:00, I doubt there'd be anything different to read. But there was this little voice that said, "But this is Lori. Time of day? Are you kidding? You better check.

Sure enough I'm treated to a trip to Lori's Shop of gore, Gary's version of the New Yankee workshop, and a chance glance at a toad.

Never say never, when it comes to your nocturnal ramblings. Take care of that cold, you got people out there that need you. AJ