07 October 2010

Så Mye Bedre


... or "much, much better".

In my comments of my hair post, I mention that one post about my hair is the limit .... so I threw in flowers at the end of this one ... I also mentioned in my post comments that I took the photos of my hair outside in the sunlight and had not actually looked in a mirror. When I walked into our large master bathroom with a wall of mirror - I freaked - thinking a stranger was in my bathroom. I started thinking ... if I look like a stranger to me, maybe there is a problem ... like: MY HAIR IS TOO DARK!!!

I called the Salon back. Spoke with an underling, explained that my hair was not mine and that I really, really wanted mine back. She told me that the owner of the Salon would call me back.


Blink.


OK.


Blink.


I had been rather nice, thought I could just work it out with my Stylist, Patty and be done with it, but whatever ....

Phone rings. I answer and the owner of the Salon introduces herself and tells me she hears that there is a problem with my hair.


Lori: "Yeah, it is just too dark in the front. The highlights in the back look good, but there just aren't any, or enough highlights in the front. I am unrecognizable."

Wendy: "Can you come in tomorrow and I can fix it?"

Lori: "Sure, but I am sure Patty can ... I don't want to get her in trouble or anything."

Wendy: "Patty quit yesterday."

Lori: "Oh ... "


And just to note, as stated before at the Salon the day my hair was coloured:


I DID NOT HAVE A CONNIPTION FIT


I DID NOT HAVE A HISSY FIT


I DID NOT ACT LIKE A DIVA


I WAS CALM, SERENE, TIMID, BEING WALKED ALL OVER BY APPARENTLY A DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE AND JUST TOOK IT ...


So ... I took before and after shots.

Before (and since the Stylist blew my hair dry it was straight - it is rather curly if I let it air dry):


After (and driving home with the windows down going 70 miles per hour dried my hair ... well, it is not so straight - even after some very 'large curler' therapy ...):
Better. I can look in the mirror and at least say: "I remember that gal with the dark hair ... sort of."

Spent MOST my day not in the pursuit of vain endeavours - I was taking more photographs of my flowers, TOTALLY enamoured with my little discovery of 'wee spider flowers' inside my flowers in my backyard on the patio - so worked with some close up shots. Had fun. Way more fun than getting my hair 'fixed'.



Aren't they the cutest little ... thingies ... you ever did see?



And based on the comments left about my lack of knowledge of what a butterfly nose / hose is called .... all comments about what that spider flower thingy actually is must be in rhyme ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are flowers,
and there are men.
The parts that we all envy,
are called the stamen.

Hey it's late and that's all I could come up with on 3 hours sleep.

Lori Hurst said...

There once was a girl named Lori,
I studied flower pollination in all its glory.

In my photo,
I found a combo:

The antler & filament: the Stamen … was orange.
The stigma & style: the Carpel … was pink.

… I think …

But my photo?
What do I know?
I’m pretty psycho …
I think we’ll put the rhyming rule in limbo …

Anonymous said...

BRAVO. O Word Smith, bravo. AJ

Val and Marceil said...

I thought that I should never see,
More fair hair than thy stylist giveth thee.
From lovely shades of brown to black,
Thou was well blessed by going back.

Court said...

Nice corrective color! I guess we all need to watch out for the disgruntled salon colorists1?!