14 October 2010

Countdown? What Countdown?


I have become so engrossed in and enamoured with ... an item in my possession - I can't stop reading the User's Guide and playing with it! It seems to be the only thing in the 'Oh My Gosh This Is So Cool!!!' part of my brain - everything else going on with me seems to have been dumped in the 'Whatever ... ' cubbie.

That being said ... I have been a tad responsible. I went to the dentist ... um, I think yesterday. That just reeks of responsibility .... Oh! Yeah - and I have a list of things to do before Gary gets here.

It is a not-so-very-long list with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING checked off! This has to be a record of some sort. But - it is a list I HAVE A LIST. Just having WAY more fun ignoring the fact that in less than two days ... I will be the proud owner of a refurbished roommate. Things like 'act like a grown up' will then need to be penned on to the 'Must Do' side of my To Do list. Going to bed ... EVERY night will probably have to be moved from the 'IF I Feel Like It' side to the 'Must Do' side also ...

... bummer. But - I have two days left! There is a lot of irresponsible crap I can squeeze into those 48 hours! That is my plan and it has been working all week. Well, sort of -... it started out a bit shaky - I was sick with a cold - but I think the staying up all night and surviving on nothing but Route 44 drinks has nipped it in the bud ...

My plan does include more than two hours of sleep tonight. I am going to work into that 'sleeping through the night' thing gradually ... I remember 'gradual' working well with toddlers ...

So ... back to my fun filled information packed technical manual ...

... but first!

Ran into a beautiful sunset tonight:

Loved the reflection on the water:

Were they worth my dog spazzing out when another doggie and doggie owner wandered past my SUV while I was out taking photos? Getting back and discovering that about 2 inches of a brand spanking new Route 44 drink was gone and splashied all over? A definite 'NO'. Spent FOREVER cleaning it up. Charlie is in the doghouse ... and she knows it. I'm still not sure how she managed to fling about 2 or 3 inches of a drink (without apposable thumbs and all) and not the entire thing ...

She has kept herself scarce these last five hours.

I believe - whether she understands it or not - she just lost Sonic runs for a week ...

my dog be grounded ..... y'all ... how mean / crazy is that?


*********

Due to my non-negotiable 'full disclosure' contract I signed when I set up this blog I must admit:

I truly, truly am excited about Gary coming home!!!

3 comments:

Cherri said...

Yay - enjoy your irresponsible days and hours, and enjoy your hubby being back. I loved those pictures with the sunset and the reflection. But you are right, not worth cleaning up the mess Charlie made to get them.

Anonymous said...

It's good to see the happy in your step as it were. Enjoy the adolescent moments, 44 oZ Diet cokes, late night blogging, trading sleep for a thumb through the users manual, heaven only knows what the "item" is!
Hope you've enjoyed the past few days flying your "Geek Flag" good health to you AJ.

Jennifer said...

for some reason this post made me giggle a lot!