28 October 2010

And it's only nine-thirty ...


Busy day today.

Didn't start out that way - I usually get up about when Gary gets up at 5:30, but decided to sleep in. My iTouch beeped sometime during a funky dream and I decided to ignore it ... probably a notification that someone posted to me on facebook - those types of notifications had been harassing me at night.

I got up, wondered what I was going to do and the phone rang.

Lori: "Hello?"

WSD: "This is Waterside Dental, um ... did you forget your appointment?"

Lori: "Oh my gosh! What time is it? Yes ..."

WSD: "It is seven ten."

Lori: "I am SO sorry! I will be right there. I am SO SORRY!"

WSD: "How about you come in at seven thirty? That way you have a bit of time ... and, um .... you can calm down a bit."

Lori: "I will be RIGHT IN."

I was having a cavity filled supposedly at 7:00am and was not excited about it. I couldn't believe I had forgotten. My iTouch had alerted me ... if only I would have looked at it...

Ten minutes later I was at the dentist (handy ... she is close!) waiting ... being punished for being late.

Got that done and left with the entire right side of my face numb .... I was drooling and looked like a stroke victim.

Got a Sonic drink, had to repeat myself to the poor order taker ... apparently I was not pronouncing my words right. Got my drink, the person at the window seemed startled (they know me) so I explained the dentist, numb thing - they looked no less startled ...

Driving home, I looked up and the sky was beautiful! Rays of light shooting out of the clouds, so off to my favourite water spot to take some photos:

And a bonus! Um, a bird ... I forget what they are called ... a heron ... I think?

Taking photos of him though, I wondered where was his neck ... I was sure this type of bird had a cute bendy type neck.

"Where's your neck? I see you have your angry eyes on ..."

"Come on, show me your neck and I will go away"

He flew away to another spot on the lake.

"No! Not like that - the 'bendy neck thing' ... come on ..."

He decided that the other side of the lake might be more ... peaceful? Quiet?


"Oh! Come on! I can't even get a decent shot! SHOW ME YOUR NECK!"

The ducks weren't afraid of me and were waddling all around me ... I think they are used to being fed ...

And off he went again .... but to somewhere closer!

"Please, please, pretty please, show me your neck and I will leave you alone!"

"Oh!"

Snap, snap, snap went the camera ...


"Thank you!"
I turned around to find THREE SETS OF DOG WALKERS watching me.

Ooops.

I smiled.

This did not help the startled looks on their faces. I didn't even bother to explain the dentist thing ... they already thought I was the 'crazy lady yelling at the waterfowl' - now they could properly label me 'crazy stroke victim' ....

Drove home, Charlie was barking - demanding her pigs ear ... a treat that I give her when I have been gone for protecting the house from riff raff, pirates and such.

After eating it, I was sitting wondering why my computer was not booting properly and I saw her run upstairs out of the corner of my eye, then back down and a little growly communication that she wanted to go outside and over to the back door. I took one final look at my seriously messed up computer, sighed and got up to let her out.

Sitting there, patiently waiting for me to let her out, I saw that she had something in her mouth.

"Charlie, what is that?" I asked as I opened the door and she shot outside. It looked like a shoe ...

I got a side view and realized that it was the rest of a loaf of banana nut bread I had made earlier.

"What!?!"

"Charlie, get back here!"

I had grabbed my camera ... I got the villain in action. She is a 'counter shopper' and apparently this had been too close to the edge. She thinks what ever she can get is fair game. I lost count of how many sticks of butter she has eaten ...

The thing that worries me? Where had she stashed it upstairs? And how was I going to clean up the crumbs if I don't know where she hid it?

I am sure the ants will show me the way eventually ....
So, just sitting here dribbling diet coke down my chin ... still wondering ...

What am I going to do today?



Bonus video of 'guilty dog':

6 comments:

Cherri said...

I kept waiting for the end of the story - you know, the part where the concerned look on faces was not caused by yelling at waterfowl or dental numbness, but by the fact that you realized you were still wearing your slippers or pajama bottoms or hair was totally uncombed. Sorry for the rough start to your day - I hate forgetting appointments!

Lori Hurst said...

Yeah, well my hair was totally uncombed ... but I was fully dressed. Don't know why they all looked so startled ... mabye because I had my 'crazy eyes' on ...

Kristie said...

I can't believe Charly just walked around with the bread in her mouth. Scout would have gobbled it down so quick that there would be zero evidence!

Lori Hurst said...

I wondered that too, and decided she was trying to figure out where to stash it, you know, in case of a famine or something ...

Ami said...

The gorgeous white bird is called a "Great Egret". I love 'em. They get the most beautiful long whispy breeding plumes whenever it is that they breed (I assume spring).

I love the pics especially b/c I miss egrets. The birds here in AZ tend to be boring...

Jennifer said...

Oh man! This is high comedy!