08 October 2010

The Stars Were in Line Today ...


I did not have a long list of things to do today. Basically my 'To Do' list said:

"Morphine"

As in ... my morphine prescription was due.

Getting it is a wee bit cumbersome. You cannot call in a morphine prescription, nor send it via the post - it must be picked up and carried to the pharmacy. It cannot be partially filled - it is all or nothing. Sometimes it is a problem finding a pharmacy that has it in stock. The prescription expires in seven days. Pharmacy's cannot take the prescription without filling it right then - no ordering it so ... a process.

I got up, told Charlie goodbye and drove to my doctors office. I then settled in for a wait. A required call the day before meant my chart was 'out' somewhere, so when I come in - a nurse begins the process of reviewing my chart and writing out the prescription ... in triplicate. It takes a while. I was reading my kindle when my name was called five minutes later. I was surprised - what could be wrong? I had called the day prior, it was not too soon to fill the prescription, what?

I go to the reception window and there is my prescription - just waiting for my signature. "This must be a record!" I told the receptionist. She agreed. I signed for it and headed back to my car. Off towards home and to a Walgreen's that I have had luck with the drug being in stock.

It was.

I decided my stars were in line today!

Stepped back in my house two hours after walking out ... a personal record for my 'Monthly Drug Run'. And my day proceeded from there. Things were going swimmingly ... it is nice when a day comes together like this Friday did for me.

At one point, I texted Ryan:

"I bought a Lady Gaga album ... what does that say about me?"

He texted back:

"I will tell you when I get there."



OH!!!


I forgot.


MY SON WAS COMING HOME FOR THE WEEKEND!!!






I could not have asked for a nicer day ...

4 comments:

Vicki said...

How sweet! Ryan is such a cutie.

Cherri said...

Your stars did align, enjoy your time with your son!

Lori A said...

Sounds like a great day! I'm glad that you have those kind of days where things just go right.

Love the pictures of Ryan!

Enjoy your weekend!

Steve and Susan said...

Ryan is so handsome! Have a wonderful weekend!