19 October 2010

Does Not Compute ...


Been in bed all day - trying desperately not to loose my cookies - and failing miserably so confined to bed until I get feeling better. Thing is ... bed just does not seem all that boring anymore. A reason to stay there? No ... I despise being 'confined to bed' but it does make the time go by a little faster and not so mind numbingly boring. And what would that be?

Yes, my iTouch.

He keeps me company, with his sweet chirps and clicks and oh, so clever things he can do for me. I have uploaded a SLEW of photos (and still have over 3/4 the space on my little guy free) to play with.

Found a free sketch program that uses more than scribbles and does a fairly decent job:

Ventured outside for the very first time with my iTouch to see how well the camera worked in natural light - I was assuming they would not be as grainy as the ones I had been taking inside. Not too bad:

Still a little grainy ... I wouldn't be blowing up the photos to 6 feet and hanging them on my wall like I do with my 'real' cameras photos, but not too shabby.

And then I remembered that I downloaded something called 'Adobe Photoshop Express' - yeah ... right.

Took a few photos around the house, threw up (I know, you needed to know that) and went to bed. And spent a few minutes with the software that I had deemed more important than all these other apps and had put somewhere else and promptly forgot about it.

I took this photo:
And with a few swipes with my finger ... made this:

This .... 'exposure' swipe, swipe, 'contrast' swipe, swipe, 'sharpen' swipe, swipe

and suddenly I had this:
Same here - swipe, swipe

Added a border, for some reason, and I had this:

The price of this puppy? Adobe Photoshop Express?


Free.



Yes.



Free.



Nothing.



Zero dollars.




Does not compute ....


(although if I didn't have their 'ahem' full, expensive version, I just might think about buying it ... and oh, what a surprise when I find that just a few swipe'ies wouldn't fix jack in the expensive version ... a college minor later and you are about even ...)

No comments: