10 October 2010

Photography Wars

The first thing I said when Ryan walked in the door on Friday and shouted: "I'm Here!" ... even before I could see him was:

Lori: "I need to take pictures of you!"

Ryan: "Why?"

Ryan: "Why."

In the room with me:

Ryan: *sigh* "Why ..."

Lori: "Because I am desperate to edit photos of you and I don't have all that many ... you being so cooperative and all ..."

We have had this conversation before. Many times before.

He sits. I have my camera out, all a quiver with anticipation ... not unlike Charlie waiting for that first Frisbee toss ...

He looks over at me with those dreamy, green eyes, puts a smile on his face that an angel would envy, arm bent, his elbow on the arm of the chair, his fist settled lightly on his cheek ...

... and he says (sweetly) "Photoshop THIS out".

I sigh ... yeah ... that fist? All the fingers were NOT neatly tucked away ....



We have been here before ....

... well NOT RIGHT HERE - him looking like my beautiful son, flipping me off, me wondering if I actually COULD photoshop it out ....

I tilt my head, slit my eyes at him and he retreats to a safer distance ...

We are at an impasse.


I may not win the war, but with enough begging, cajoling, promises of new cars and such - a skirmish or two went to me ...

I told him to ignore me ... and that he didn't even need to look at me and we just talked. I know, it has to be annoying, but ... HE IS SO CUTE! And I need practice photoshopping people ...


Had an EXCELLENT time today playing around:

My ONE AND ONLY (I think) smile at me - so I milked it ...


Set my eyedropper to sample his eye color:


Yeah ... since it just wouldn't be a photo display of Ryan without a creepy photo - I colored back in his eyes on this one ...



Playing with 'Posterize':




Playing with 'Threshold':




Discovered a new technique (OK, three new ones) on how to turn a photo into Black & White without merely desaturating it (taking out all its color). They all kick butt! They add depth to the photos big time:


What can I say ... I like to play with the 'Threshold' command ...




And ... I have started painting my own masks (the black thingies down there). They are crap - but I am getting better ...


He was a good sport ... the two 'sessions' should hold me for a few weeks ....

4 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

wow he is getting older... I feel old knowing that he is in college and that i used to watch him and jessie when i was 14 & 15....hes looking good though i can definately see parts of you and gary in him.

Cherri said...

Ryan wins the all-time good sport award - glad you had a great visit.

Vicki said...

That is so funny! You two have such a great relationship.

Unknown said...

I love your creativity with PS. Especially the ones including people. If you said "new car" to me I would be all over a photo shoot. p.s.: Handsome man!