27 October 2010

Random


Totally random stuff based on the photos I have taken since Monday:

******************************

You MIGHT think this photo was called: 'SUNRISE' or something equally obvious ...
But ... you would be wrong. It is titled: 'LORI IS AN IDIOT'.

This one: 'NEVER AGAIN'


Monday morning I headed out to take sunrise photos since it looked like it was going to be pretty and Charlie gave me that 'Please, please, please can I come?' look and it WAS a Sonic run also - so in the car she went. I had put her leash in on another day when I went to see how the sunrise was doing and it was not so hot ... and had left the leash in the car.

I made the tactical mistake of deciding to take her with me on my walk to get some photos of my favourite tree with sunrise and you have to walk behind the swimming pool to do it ...

Yeah ....

Charlie likes to pull on a leash and I KNEW this, yet I still took her. I don't know what I was thinking. I take my ginormous Canon with its telephoto lens and doesn't take very pretty sunrise photos so right there you knew my brain was not in this all the way ... and hang it around my neck, grab my small Canon and put it in my pocket. Left my Nikon in the car ... just in case ... for later .... grabbed Charlies leash and headed out.

She drug me about 50 yards down sidewalk before I got her to stop long enough for me to snap a few shots off with my small Canon with one hand. Then her brain went 'DUCKS!!!' (you can see them in the first photo) and we were off again - and off the path headed quickly down the bank to the water.

I am sure we were a lovely sight - me - a huge camera with a telephoto lens bouncing around my neck, a camera in one hand, a leash in the other and a seriously crazed dog dragging me along the grass to what looked like a soon to be very wet adventure. I got her under control before she hit the water, but not by much and told her she was grounded from EVER going out photographing with me again (duh).

*******************************

Here is a cute froggy I saved from a certainly unpleasant 'drowning in sawdust' death. We opened the garage door and he was a hoppin' right in ... got a shot off and then started trying to wrangle a mini-frog out of the garage and out of the sawdust. Me chasing a hopping frog - trying to steer it with my outstretched hands (one with a camera in it ... of course) yelling at it to leave the premises was probably as weird a sight as Charlie dragging me down to the lake ...

Got him outside - hopefully he took a shower and got all the powder off him ...

************************************

And: Progress!

Gary actually (I found out later) making his last Mortise (female) and Tenon (male) joints with the jig and router:
Puzzle pieces stacking up:


One side fit together with the mortise and tenon joints:
Going away until the next project having done an excellent job:

The legs cut ... starting to look like the photo ... but 'Oh no!' A small seam! A minuscule opening between the two joints. To Gary this is UNACCEPTABLE ...
He tried to inject glue in the 'crack' with a small needle and the needle wouldn't fit it was so small, so he used glue on paper his plan to gently slid the paper in ... but the PIECE OF PAPER was too big - so not much glue in the crack - mainly on the crack. But still - into the "Wood Hospital" it went:
Now we are getting somewhere!
Starting to look like a desk!

And that's it folks ... I am plumb out of photos (yeah ... not really ....)

No comments: