09 October 2010

Taking the Long Way Home ...

... twice.

Today was 'Jessie Day'. When we were heading to 'Mom's House' from 'Jessie's Place', something in front of us happened and all of a sudden we were at a dead stop. I eventually got my car turned around and we took the long way home.

With Jessie and her total lack of volume control and repeated questions, this can be rather irksome. I was a tad flustered by the time we made it home.

When it was time to take Jessie back (and it must not have been a 'photograph Jessie' day since I never even THOUGHT about taking a photo ... she looked fine ... I just didn't think) the road was still blocked, but I could tell what had happened (I think). They are widening the road thus under construction and based on all the fire trucks, police cars, flashing lights and horrid rotten egg smell - I am assuming they hit the gas line.

Turned around and headed back to Jessie's the long way.


Had my camera and the light was at that lovely slanted angle making everything glow and look softer so I decided to take photos all the way home.

Photos from a moving vehicle, through a dirty window and with low light are not the greatest photos ... but it was fun!

************

Started out at the horses at Jessie's place:






And ... all the way back home ....















Got home and discovered we had ... company ... so photos of the little guy too:


************

Spent half of last night trying to get 'movement' into a photo ... didn't really succeed, but still working on it. Since it goes with the theme of the post I am sharing one of my works-in-progress:


... and on that note ...


I am headed for bed ....
**************
For AJ:
Another shot of the little guy (the photo is untouched except for cropping). I didn't gouge out his eye and he is not horribly disfigured (scared as hell ... yeah ... disfigured ... no):


Just wanted you to be able to sleep nights knowing the little guy wasn't blind ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little lizard looks like some thing you might have found dried out and dusty in the shed. It must be the lighting or special effects, but he looks like he's missing an eye!

Loved the photographic trip home, although I had to believe you took the long way home on the other side of the tracks for some of those shots. Take care AJ

Anonymous said...

Pheeww I was worried I'd befriended an amphibian torturer. Sleep well dear. AJ