31 August 2010

What's Burning?


Well, I have not blogged for about 4 days now ...

Things are THAT EXCITING around here. Gary continues to improve every day - getting back a wee bit more movement in his right arm with every new sun. I see that he is mainly self sufficient except for drying his hair - that is basically all I do for him. I am a second wheel.

I don't know why this trip over has been so ... slow. I could study my photography, or photoshop, or ... something. But I don't. I keep the place clean, wonder what I am going to make for supper, and read books. Lots and lots of books - I think that I have read about 10 and I am on my last one. Any suggestions of a good author would be appreciated. And none of this adolescent crap ... I read the Hunger Games trilogy in a day ...

The most exciting thing that has happened so far was waking up to smoke. Not good when it is three in the morning and you are sixteen floors from ground. It took me a while, but I figured out it was coming from outside. Since I sleep with my sliding glass door wide open, it was a little confusing to figure.

Woke up to a haze:


Can't find out online what is actually on fire here in Brisbane. Maybe later they will comment ...

Just got back from the market - took my cart and loaded up all the groceries we would be needing for the next couple of days. It is a break in the self-induced monotony.

Now off to finish my book on this very first day of spring here in Brisbane ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good book; The Help. You may have already ready read it. AJ

Jennifer said...

Did you ever read The Thirteenth Tale? My fave.

That's totally weird about the smoke. And about sleeping with the door wide open. Very foreign idea to me. What would it be like to live where the weather and the bugs and the crime were such that I could do that?

I'm glad Gary is improving. Drying his hair - totally sexy. Work that, baby.

The Sullengers said...

My mom is the key person to good books as she reads many, many, many! My newest favorite is "These is my Words" by Nancy Turner. I also really like "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society" Anyway, try to enjoy yourself and I'm glad Gary is doing better!