04 August 2010

There's a Theme in Here Somewhere ....

I am sure of it.

MAYBE it is the joys of coming home from Australia (IN GENERAL ... not this time in particular) - responsibilities, bills, US Postal Service, being a homeowner, scheduling the cleaning lady ...

It does not help when I get a call over a week before I am to be coming home to Texas and Ryan informs me that the dog has broken the door. Yes.

Broke.

The.

Door.

Apparently it was not that hard to do. Hurricane Ike blew through and vibrated the crap out of our door - thus having all the leading (really the adhesive beneath the leading) pull away from the glass - so that you could touch it and it would bow - dramatically. And why didn't I get it fixed, oh, say, in 2008? Well, I did notice it and got to stewing and fretting about it sometime in 2009 and when I called around, found a guy with just the answer I needed: If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

He said it was expensive to fix, and just wait until it was actually broken - who knows - it could be years he said ... I guess I had not factored in the chance that I would be out of town when it happened either.

Ryan and the Randalls (sounds like a singing group, no?) came up with a clever fix using my number one all time 'fix it' tool: duct tape. After pushing in the glass that was bowed out back to some sort of flat, they taped it up and it sat for me to come home and take care of it.

Lovely, isn't it? It feels as if the house is wearing a big thick pair of black glasses with white tape on the nose piece ...I am not sure where I found the leaded glass man with his snippets of wisdom last time I went in search of an expert - maybe he says that about everything - but I cannot find anyone that can tell me anything about leaded glass this time around - if you know of someone - point me in their direction.

The Randalls kindly took the dog so she wouldn't do any more damage until I got home. After I got home, I stuck two chairs in front of it - thinking it would take a lot to lunge through that - and anyway - just bark at the side window ... stupid dog ...

MAYBE it was my husbands concern for me and my blogging ...

Got two e-mails from him yesterday - during the time I was actually writing a post - he must have been rather bored in some meeting. Both were titled:

"Starting to worry - you haven't blogged in days"

Text #1:

"You could blog about 'dreams' - will need to be a little discrete as to not sound completely crazy (your blog followers already know you are mildly
crazy)"

I respond with:

"Was working on something 'safe' even as you sent the suggestion ..."

I then get:

Text #2:

"May be therapeutic to take on the dream topic? You could do some web
research on 'nightmares', ask you readers to share their worst dreams, etc ... could be like a talk show."

To which I reply:

"Kay - here's the thing. I always dream - always remember them. These last two nights that this has really been happening, I wake up with a 'start' with this horrific feeling of dread and panic (which takes quite a bit of effort to calm down from I might add....) - but no dream - when I 'look back' and try to access the dream - - nothing. Just a big black hole of darkness ...

Let me just start with that in my blog and see where it takes me!"

MAYBE I just jumped into the middle of something that I should have explained.

Since getting home from Australia - I have been waking up to a full bore panic attack having already started while I was asleep. Debilitating panic and no idea where it is coming from.

It took me a few nights to figure out that, duh, it only happened when I woke up. Thus ...

... if I didn't fall asleep ...

Worked fine last night. I didn't even mildly panic at the thought that I needed to go to sleep - I had given myself permission to stay awake - so nothing. I am assuming this will have to stop sometime pretty soon ...

Thus the crazy talk, but: no waking up to a panic attack that has progressed to a '10' without my permission. Weirdest thing, though - I wake up frozen in fear and NOTHING. No dream, no explanation, nothing to follow it back to - to point at and say - THAT.

THAT'S the problem ... and go fix it.

OH!!!

MAYBE it's about having a VERY CUTE DOG FOR SALE.

Actually, she's free.

And if she looks creepy in the photos - I have been playing in Photoshop ...

She has adorable poses - this her number two preferred sitting position on the staircase - the photo above is her number one preferred sitting position ... not that she is sitting ...

She, like any woman - detests her picture being taken ...


Seriously - she gets up and walks away.

I - if you haven't figured it out yet - I am mad at her - so I kept it up - see that resigned look in her eye? ADORABLE. COME GET HER!!!



So, I am not as crazy as I sound and decided to get some sleep this morning. Shut off both phones and took my kindle, a soft blanket, all six of my pillows and crawled into bed.

HAD JUST DOZED OFF when I heard Charlie start barking AND THE KITCHEN CHAIRS MOVING!!!

I jumped out of bed and like a woman possessed started screaming like a woman possessed.

On purpose.

Really.

I wanted to scare her. Which apparently I did - I have no idea where she hid! Screaming your bloody head off can really wake a girl up! No sleep until my blood pressure is back to normal. So back to reading.

Started dozing, rolled over, snuggled in ...


... and was smacked in the face with a paw (this is Charlies idea of initiating playing with me - when I am not asleep, or ready to kill her - it is generally a good way to let me know she wants to play .... well - scratch the 'asleep' part of that sentence - she has smacked me awake numerous time to 'play')

Kicked her off the bed - don't even know when she got up there. Sleep was not coming, thus the post, the photos of Charlie (seriously - come get her!!).

But just might be getting there - while uploading my photos - I would shut my eyes - and sort of forget to open them. A good indicator that I might get some sleep.

Especially if I shut the door first ...

Hmmm ... which I won't .... because of that dog and this:


Seriously - come get her ...



... THAT'S IT!!!

My Theme:


DOG FOR SALE BY OWNER ...

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I knew Gary was multi-talented, but coming up with blog topics you can turn into a talk show dialogue is hilarious! What a character!

I'm glad you have started blogging - as I was worrying what was going on.

The panic attacks sound horrible. I have only had panic attacks once - and they were BAD. Hopefully you'll figure out what triggers them and find a solution.

Anonymous said...

Duct tape! It's not just for romantic evenings anymore. Hope your quest for Stan the Stain glass man, is fruitful. Take care AJ