07 August 2010

My Husband was hit by a bus ...


... in Australia ... while riding his bike. Broke a bunch of bones in his body - his arm will have to be strapped to him for 6 weeks, broken ribs, broken collarbone - fun, fun, fun. I guess when you are on your bike and a bus decides to sideswipe you - you are probably going to end up the loser ...


AND HE WAS TO FLY HOME TO HELP ME MOVE RYAN on Wednesday to Austin (move the next week - fly on Wednesday - don't believe he can do either).


This has not been a good day.


I'm going back to bed ....


... and cry ....

12 comments:

Lori A said...

Oh no! I am so sorry! I hope Gary gets feeling better!

Alisha said...

OH NO!! That is horrible... So sorry for you & Gary!!

Chelle said...

That is so horrible!! I hope Gary gets feeling better!

Vicki said...

And I was worried about the earthquake!!!

I am so sorry!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the G man. I'll say a few get well prayers for him, and a couple of I'm thinking of you, prayers for you, Take care Lori, be strong kiddo.AJ

Kristie said...

Wow - I'm so glad that he is doing as well as he is. I hope he gets better quickly. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you!!!

Laura said...

That's terrible! I'm so sorry. I hope he heals quickly. I'm sorry you and Ryan will have to deal with the move without him. That's not fun.

Pops Stargell said...

Dang it! What can I do to help? Can I help with the move? I'm stuck in Midland right now, but I'm hoping to have a rental car soon so that I can be home tonight. Please let me know what I can do!

Alison Bodily said...

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you. My mother used to say, "That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." NOT one of my favorite quotes! ((hugs))

jill said...

Tell Gary we hope he heals quickly...and watch out for that bus in the future...

Jennifer said...

Man, Lori, I heard at church (I haven't been a good blogger lately), and I just teared up for you. Sucks for Gary. Sucks for Ryan. Sucks for you. I love you. I hate this for you.

Court said...

Lori, I'm so sorry to hear about Gary's accident. I can't imagine how overwhelmed you feel right now. We are more than willing to help out with anything.