10 August 2010

Liftoff Imminent ....



Travelling, to me, these days has become one big Run-Away-Train-Ride. The minute I step outside what ever domicile I am stepping out of until I step into the other - it just feels (now) like an Out-Of-Control-Roller-Coaster-Ride. It shouldn't - I have given myself AMPLE time to get into my 'Airport Zen' in both Houston and LA - but yet - here I sit - impulsively blogging about NOTHING AT ALL, sweaty palms, with a half baked plot to overthrow the latest Vengeful Travel gods plot to derail my luggage getting on the plane with me (I won't go into it - you just don't need to see that deep into my fractured psyche, and it involves a backpack stuffed full of mens boxer shorts - so help me if I get searched there will be a lot of shrugging ... lots and lots of shrugging ...).

I decided to have a mini airline related panic attack - already - I guess just for practice and to make sure to keep me on my toes. I mean - seriously - how many planes can fall from the sky ... THAT I HAPPEN TO BE ON? OK, now I just cursed myself ... crap! I have been sitting here trying to calm down and I realize - I don't have the skills. Calm down? How? Why? For how long? Always coming back to that How? Seriously - How? Can someone tell me? I have about, oh, 30 minutes.


Give me a call ...

Thanks ever so much ...

2 comments:

Vicki said...

So wild! Hopefully you'll sleep and have no white-knuckle experiences.

Court said...

You can do this! Hopefully you will arrive without any crazy tales to tell (however hilarious they are to the rest of us), find Gary in your husband/hospital scavenger hunt, and then relax with your convalescing husband for a good month!