28 August 2010

Saturday

Today was another fascinating day in the life of 'The Great Convalescence'. We started with a phone call to Ryan, then Jessie called while with the Randall's. A little TV, (I finished a book, thank you very much ...) and then a nap (Gary). By this time it was noon and we headed of on a walk ... with a purpose!

Off to find lunch and another tripod - Riverfire is coming up and we don't want to be battling over the only tripod in the apartment. So - I googled all the camera shops on Queen Street and off we went.

Didn't get one, but decided what we wanted.

On our way - we stopped at Anzac Square. I have taken pictures before, but not of all the statues. It is a memorial for their armed forces (Anzac standing for Australia New Zealand Army Corps) and I just can't get enough of the pear shaped trees.





And look who made an appearance ... and not just pieces of him!


BONUS!!!

And just for fun - I added the film of Gary's surgery - mainly for Jen ... and I HAVEN'T EVEN WATCHED IT YET! (Gary says it is short and won't make you throw up ... maybe ...)


Good luck!

Hope Sunday is as titillating as Saturday was ...

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That video is too short! But I loved it, so thanks for posting. It sounds like things are improving out there, which is just great. We are just starting our Saturday now, I'll let you know how it goes on the blog.

Court said...

Loved this happy post. Gary looks good! I'm still amazed he's all in one piece. Hope y'all keep having more great convalescent days. :)

Vicki said...

Gary looks good. I think that video counts as the shortest one I've seen - but so interesting.

Hope things continue to go well.

Cherri said...

That was pretty cool as the doc was moving the bone around. How is the healing coming? He looks good, but all that can be photoshopped, so really, you just found some guy with Gary's build and added a head, right?

Cherri said...

Are you alive? Three days without a post, and something must be wrong!