09 August 2010

Pissing off my Travel Fairy ...


My sister-in-law wrote me that I must have really pissed off my Travel Fairy. Now - I KNOW I have a set of Vengeful Travel gods (don't really have a count - I think they multiply each time I travel) that do nothing but muck up my travel and an Inept Fairy Godmother who is, well, rather inept - but who knows - maybe I have a Travel Fairy too ... locked away in a dungeon somewhere via the Vengeful Travel gods. But then again - maybe all she did this week was keep my husbands body from falling beneath the wheel of a bus ... and I'm thinkin' that if that is what she has been busy doing - I will take what I can get.

Here's what I know:

Finally talked with him for about 1 minute yesterday and got a couple of questions answered and more raised.

- His injuries are on the right side of his body - it is his right arm that is immobilised. Great for me (a lefty) ... not so great for him.

- He might need surgery to put pins in ... something or other - I am assuming a broken bone ...

- He might need to move hospitals if he has surgery

- He was supposed to do the above two things yesterday and didn't - I got a quick e-mail stating that he didn't move - no reason why - although he does seem to be second guessing some decisions so I believe this decision is up to him

- If any of the above happens, he will not be getting out of the hospital on Wednesday.

- I still get there on Thursday

And then the fun begins! That is if I can find him. He told me that he was moving hospitals yesterday and I never got an e-mail from him telling me where he was going. I was a bit stressed since I HAVE NO KEY TO HIS APARTMENT right now and the minute I step on the plane in LA for 14 hours - I go into 'radio silence'. I arrive - with no working phone or e-mail (unless I find a cafe) so if I don't know where he is tomorrow before I leave for the airport (while he is still asleep) I am wandering Brisbane trying to find my injured husband, locked out of his apartment. I'm good if he stays where he is - I can find that ... its the moving that has me worried.

So - if I have a Travel Fairy - I'd like her to stay with Gary - I've apparently made this run to Brisbane without her - probably many times - I can do it again ...


... she can keep his morphine drip from clogging ....

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow, what a worry. Our prayers are with both of you.

Jennifer said...

You'll find him. Maybe they'll let you have a morphine drip, too, when you get there.

Anonymous said...

Lori, I think your Travel Fairy is a guy and he's probably sitting in The Lizard Lounge , drinking double martinis for breakfast and saving the olives for lunch.

Careful that you don't piss him off too bad, he's probably got a hangover, nothing worse than a hung over fairy to ruin your day.

Walk gingerly my friend and take care AJ

Lori Hurst said...

AJ - you made me laugh out loud! Tomorrow, while in the throes of my 28 hour travel ordeal - I will be thinking about a big hulking guy in a pink tutu sitting int he Lizard Lounge drinking martinis for breakfast ...