25 August 2010

Surgery - Revisited. WARNING: Photos ...


OK, with the warnings out of the way. Here comes the fun stuff!

Gary went to his post-op doctors appointment today (Wed) and came home with GOODIES!!! I chickened out and didn't go with him since he had a nasty swath of staples that were going to come out and I just couldn't stomach watching. I have sat with Jessie for many, many horrific procedures - including a spinal tap - but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to go with Gary - poor guy - he had to go alone.

So he shows up at the apartment with a disc and photos! It is his surgery on video and photos:

Broken Clavicle:


Fixed, bionic clavicle:


I know, makes you want to barf, right? Yeah, I haven't watched the movie yet. Gary says there is a point in it where the doctor TWANGS his broken collar bone. Why? I have no idea - maybe it needed to be twanged. I'm working up to watching it tomorrow ....

Why the doctor decided we needed these ... goodies ... is beyond me. But I hate to receive without sharing ...



... so enjoy!!!

Oh, and Gary doesn't need to see the doctor until October, will probably make his trip (since work has already bought the tickets) for 3 weeks in the states starting Sept 12th, and after 4 weeks he can ditch the sling and move his arm above his head. That's all I know ...

5 comments:

Vicki said...

WHOA! That was awful looking - and explains the pain!

So, what is the plan for Gary leaving his post in Australia permanently? I was thinking the time in Australia was coming to an end soon.

Jennifer said...

When I read your post title and it said pictures, I couldn't click fast enough. And, girl, you did not disappoint! I love it! The miracle of modern medicine, plus it just looks freaking cool! I am glad that he can come home in a few weeks. When do you get back?

Cherri said...

Okay, grizzly, but neat too!

Lori Hurst said...

Vicki - Gary is scheduled to come home - permanently some time in October ... but I am not holding my breath.

Jen - I fly home on Sept 9th. Gary flies to Phonenix on Sept 12th for 2 weeks then to Houston for one week, then back to finish up and move home.

Court said...

Wow...photos AND a video...lest y'all should forget this chapter in your lives, right?