01 September 2010

Countdown ...


I start my countdowns today ...

Seven days until I fly home
Two days until Riverfire

Not much - but something to look forward to.

Took a very long walk today - through the Botanical Gardens, across Brisbane River on the Goodwill Bridge and into South Bank. And ...

I took ONE photo:

Yes, only one single solitary photo - of a building - I have no clue what it is. Apparently, I have seen it all and taken the photo ...

Gary mentioned a couple of days ago about the countdown until I leave. He said I had another chance to be sad about leaving. I have been thinking about this a lot. I could come back in October - Gary has even mentioned that he is going to take a few days and go exploring. I could also go to Phoenix for a week to visit him there in a couple of weeks. I just can't get my head around travelling anymore. It is like I had a limit of the number of airplane flights I could take before I just couldn't do it anymore. I think the one over here was it. I can't even get my head around flying home - the airport, the waiting, the fourteen freaking hours sitting in an airline seat - well - just everything.

I might come back - at the last minute or something - not wanting Gary to get all the good shots of Ayres Rock (Uluru) or wherever he is going. But am I sad? I was last time. But this time, I realize that this will first and always be the place Gary got hit by a bus and fraught with danger. Sad, really, isn't it?

So that countdown, right now, is a non-starter ... maybe later the missing this beautiful country will kick in - the kangaroos, the koalas, the opera house, but right now it is full of buses, hospitals and pain.

But - RIVERFIRE!! That countdown is still on. I have been researching how to take photos of fireworks online and think I have it down. We have bought another tripod so that we have two. I am now anxiously awaiting the celebrations to come. Hope I get some good photos to share.

Probably until then ....

No comments: