21 September 2010

Anolis Carolinensis & Echeveria Lilacina

Or ... maybe I should have gone with my first header:

Baby Blues & Babies


Was heading out the front door to take a picture of something with my medium sized camera and I spied this cute little critter hanging about in my Chicks & Hens:


After copying the photos to my computer I decided I was very impressed with the quality of this particular little camera. I didn't want to scare the guy so I didn't get close and only had a second before he jumped ship to take the photo, but wanted to capture something I thought especially beautiful about him.



So I started enlarging the photo to see if I captured it:

A little bit more - you can start to see the cute little wrinkles on his 'shoulder':

Still more ... now you can see the adorable wee little claws:

NOW we're getting somewhere! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the scales, the nose and ear holes (I also like the water droplets) ... but

Can't get over the beautiful shade of blue 'eye shadow' he is wearing!
That is one fine photo - using my Canon PowerShot SX200IS 12X.

So ... that would be the 'Baby Blues' ...

And while I was harassing Eye-Shadow-Lizard, I noticed that my Chicks and Hens had babies!

How I LOVE this plant! I DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and it continues to grow and make my entrance look just lovely, not to mention is only one of two plants that has survived my brown thumb living outside:

Near as I can tell - the little babies grow from either a leaf dropping off and sending out roots ... or by magic ...
It is just a theory, but you can see the big leaf still attached to the two smallest plants in my 'nursery'.
Here is the toddler of the bunch - he has no leaf attached to him ... apparently he has been weaned ...

Now, if I could just get them to jump across the porch to the other pot ... I would be set!

Yeah, yeah, yeah - the guy is coming to fix the door on Saturday ...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I gotta say, I'm not a photo lady, but I am very impressed with the amount of detail on your tranny lizard. And I also love the water droplets.

Cherri said...

I was relieved to see that he had water droplets and not spots on an oversized chin and tummy! Glad you zoomed in so I could admire his beauty and slimness.

I love hens and chicks too, but I think I overwater them, so I don't currently have any. I will have to rectify that. You might want to move that other pot closer to mommy - I don't think they jump that far!

Rhonda said...

"Anolis Carolinensis" hmmmmmm....looks just like two little critters Parker has for pets that we call Anols. They are pretty cute little fellers. Parker thinks he has a girl and a boy and doesn't understand why we don't have any babies as they seem to mate a lot! :)

Anonymous said...

OUI Mate! Looks like the Geico Gekko.
Very cool magnification, I am surprised how well you were able to maintain the detail.