04 September 2010

RIVERFIRE!!!



Riverfire was GREAT!!!Here is a photo showing one of I think I remember them saying eighteen on the radio barges holding fireworks. There were 3 bridges with fireworks and 9 buildings also.

The bar you can see is our railing so you can see how close we were.




It started with a 'dump and burn' and I did not catch it, but Gary did:

That is a fighter jet dumping fuel and setting it on fire - doesn't seem like the smartest thing in the world to do ... crazy Aussies!!!

The fireworks show started (for us) at Story Bridge, then the barge right in front of us with our own personal set of fireworks. The fireworks photos where all you can see is a burst are from these, it was all that would fit in the camera. And then on down the river - where Gary took the best shots which are included here (some of the crappier shots down the river are mine ...).

We had four cameras on four tripods going all at the same time. Very difficult to run two cameras with fireworks shooting off in all directions. It lasted 20 minutes and Gary took WAY more than 20 photos!

It was fantastic and I would stop every now and then and just ... look. The entire sky was filled with fireworks. I have never seen anything quite like it.

I couldn't decide what photos to put in from my facebook album ... so I put them all!!!

























Now there is music - dances I guess. I am beat - fighting a very nasty infection and tired of the fever and chills ... and whatnot. Heading to bed and enjoying the music ... until I fall asleep.

5 comments:

Court said...

WOW! I love those photos of the bridges with fireworks!

Vicki said...

Wow! So beautiful.

Lori A said...

Amazing pictures! Makes me want to see it!

Anonymous said...

Makes the Forth of July a like two sparklers and punk stick. Don't let that infection get the better of you, Feed A cold Starve a... never mind . Take care AJ

Cherri said...

I found myself humming the star spangled banner while I looked at the pictures - pretty sure that is not what the Aussies would be humming!