27 September 2010

Sunrise & Peacocks

The 'Woman Formerly Known as Wonder Woman' groaned this morning as Gary perkily said "I'll be back in an hour!" on his way out the door at 6:57am. It was dark outside and I was tired - having lost all my superpowers, and having roamed the house in beaucoup pain about four or five times in the wee hours of the morning ... I lost count.

I had told him to wake me up, though - so he was not being obnoxious or anything - just being a dutiful husband. He was off to swim at the YMCA - his form of therapy for his arm since he can obtain full range of motion in the water - where out of the water, he still cannot really lift it above horizontal. And he was (OK, is) a swimmer in a previous life - a lifeguard, a swim coach, a swim teacher - so for him - this is like coming home ... So ... every morning he cheerfully heads off. (Makes me want to puke ... bah!)

I had to get up because I need to take Charlie to the groomers between 7:00am and 9:00am and it was first come, first serve - thus the quicker you get her in - the sooner she is done and the less time she is imprisoned in a kennel. So off we went.

Dropped her off (shivering like a big baby) and drove away. Noticed the sun was just rising and was making a beautiful sky - so parked myself in the middle of the road, rolled down my passenger side window and snapped away until a car showed up behind me approaching precariously fast. Drove up a ways, turned around in a church parking lot to go back and get a few more shots ....

.... but just like magic: POOF!!! It was gone. I had to take what I had (which was not much).


Was headed the wrong way home so headed back to the dog groomers and as I pulled in their drive, I noticed a peacock strutting about. The dog groomer came out and threw some kibble at it and it started pecking away. She says she has no idea where it comes from, but shows up every now and then.
You would think the barking dogs would be a clue to stay away ... just a thought:
So ... without my superpowers anywhere in sight - I have managed to drop the dog off, pick up Gary's dry cleaning and snap a few photos. At least two things on my list of things to do. I also have to pick up the dog and have a meeting for church - so: for me - a very full day.

I'm off to bed until my meeting ...

1 comment:

Liz said...

that sounds like a wonder woman morning to me! and that is the prettiest sunrise photo ever! nice to see you at church yesterday...and hear gary's testimony. i cry when i hear that guy's voice up there! his testimonies have always touched me.. ever since i was a child:)