19 September 2010

My Visit with Jessie

I did things a little different yesterday with Jessie. Instead of bringing her home and having her constantly harassing me for food (and no, she is not starving ... although she looks like maybe she is ... it is just something she does out of habit) I took her out to lunch and then shopping.

We had a pretty good time and she behaved fairly well having about thirty choices of Disney Princess crap to choose from. Back when she was still home, she got so out of control and was so large, that I could not control her in the store if she decided to lose it, so I stopped taking her. I am now confident that:

a) she is more mature, listens to me better and does not freak out like before
b) if she actually did ... I could get her in a head lock and drag her out of the store

Took her back a happy camper ... but not before snapping a few photos:



Yeah, well, it was blurry anyway so why not just make it fuzzier? I thought it was cute, so I had to do something with it ....

Between her and Charlie's heads exploding when they see Gary - things are going to be a little exciting (note: this means noisy) around here this week ....

5 comments:

Alison Bodily said...

Great post, Lori. What an adventure you've had! So glad she's doing well enough that you get to shop for Disney junk! I always dislike all that too!

Happy Days~
Alison

Vicki said...

Jessie looks good. I so love that girl. I guess we're going to have to make a trip to Texas if I expect to see her in the near future.

Anonymous said...

You're such a good Mom. Jessie is so lucky. And look at you, keeping up with your wrestling moves I'm so impressed!
Take care AJ

Jennifer said...

That fuzzy picture really is an awesome shot of Jessie's grin. She looks thin, in a good way. I'm glad that it was a good experience.

Court said...

I love the fuzzy Jessie picture too. I think ALL of y'all will go bonkers when Gary gets home.