06 September 2010

Missing Brisbane ...


OK ... so this morning I got up and it hit me:

I am going to miss this place. More specifically, I am going to miss this apartment.

The way the light hits in the morning, rising behind Story Bridge:





My 'mini office' with the morning light streaming in:

I love the windows and the openness of the apartment - bringing the outside in. Surrounded by thousands of people ... but not really. The isolation is the best part - being surrounded, yet alone ...


Watching the comings and goings of the river. Mirimar - the boat that heads to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary every day - like clockwork. Leaving at 9:00 and arriving back at 3:00. I can set my watch to it.

Watching the people and their shadows make their way to work.


And this, don't forget this:

But not for too much longer. He I will see again ...



... Brisbane I will not.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I love the pictures! What a neat time this has been.

Court said...

I'd be missing that apartment, too! You've had a grand adventure.

Cherri said...

So what is the master plan for Gary? How much longer will he be working out of Australia? It is always hard to accept change, whether good or bad, but that is what we have to do here on earth. I think you are better at it than I am, because you think it through and know ahead of time to drink it all in.