27 September 2010

Busy Day ...

... for me

... without my superpowers ...

I forgot to mention:

THE DOOR IS FIXED!

This is a huge relief to us and, I'm sure, a huge disappointment to that creepy guy that wanders the neighborhood looking for deed restriction violations then sending out nasty letters threatening lawsuits and whatnot.

We are Violation Free!


Dutifully went to my meeting where things meandered around for a bit until I just decided to say: "You - do this, the person who is running late - gets to do that, I'll - do the other". Bitchy yes, but I was not feeling well and it was not Rocket Science. Then excused myself and went to pick up Charlie.

To say I'm not the friendliest gal on the planet is a HUGE understatement.

Got Charlie - she acted like she had been held captive while someone shaved her butt and privates (true) and was just happy to get in the car. On the way home we ran into a road block. I was stuck in my car stopped and this lovely swampy scene was outside my window so I spent the time photographing it. It may be the only photographs I ever get of it (why I would want more is beyond me). It is on a busy, two lane portion of a road with a blind curve and no shoulder so walking there to take photos is extremely dangerous.

I say IS since my father and I wanted to photograph something just beyond this curve and walked there to do it - I don't believe it was a dead armadillo (although we did have to step over one ...) I believe it was a overgrown shack of some sort - but not worth nearly getting killed over ... I am sure.

Nice and green for almost October ... no? And WHO KNOWS what lurks in that brown water (other than alligators - that is a given ...):

Charlie in all her shaved splendor:

Gary has been throwing a Frisbee for her. The first time he threw for her (throwing with his left hand vs his injured right) he came in all sad and told me that "Charlie told me that I throw like a girl" and pouted for a bit. He is still throwing for her, but can't hit the spot he is aiming for so not that many good 'catch' shots.

Pretty much, I was just happy not to get hit in the head by a wayward Frisbee, or tackled by the dog (almost) while she was concentrating on the Frisbee and not where the 'camera taker' was standing ...
And, joy of joys - Gary is able-bodied enough to be doing his woodworking. Mainly just looking through catalogs and shopping (kidding) but finished the bed and somehow managed to get the headboard and footboard off the table - so doing rather well.


Although, I did find him in our Master Bedroom in the sitting area watching TV and icing his shoulder a few hours ago. It must have done the trick since he is now out on a bike ride.



Yes ... a BIKE RIDE.

He is not completely off his rocker ... I saw him drive away in the truck with means he headed to 'something-or-other bayou' where there are bike paths and no cars / buses/ trucks / etc allowed. I guess falling is still an option - but won't be hit by any moving vehicle (Hmmmm except maybe another bike ... where is the man anyway? He should have been home by now ...).

I am excited to see what he builds next. He showed me the CUTEST mission style small desk. And for a guest room - who needs a big desk right? Anyone coming to visit will just be bringing a laptop, right? It was really nice and would match.


My goal is to convince him to build it next ...




Too bad I lost my superpowers .... I am sure that would have done the trick!!!

4 comments:

Cherri said...

Okay, so why is it an insult to say "you throw like a girl" to a man, and an insult to say, "you throw like a guy" to a girl, and even an insult to say, "You throw like a girl" to a girl? YOu just can't win with that kind of comparison!

Glad that you got your pictures, with no near-death experiences, and that the neighbor nazi is disappointed!

Ami said...

That bed is GORGEOUS! Wow!

And I'm glad he's doing so well! I love your posts btw. I've really been enjoying them. :)

Kristie said...

That bed is so beautiful!!! Devon could use a bed in his room if Gary runs out of things to build. jk! Glad he is doing so well.

Court said...

Back in action!!