28 September 2010

NOT The Text to get from your Son ...

I was working on another blog when I got this text from Ryan:

"If it makes the news, don't worry, I'm not on campus ..."

OH, GREAT - so I text back:

"Sh*t, WHAT?"

And he texts back:

"FWD: UT Alert: armed subject reported last seen at PERRY CASTENEDA LIBRRARY SHELTER IN PLACE STAY WHERE YOU ARE AT MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW.

I can hear UT's speakers emmiting a siren, like the bomb warning things"

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT!!!!

My reply:

"Alrighty then .... Stay safe ...."

And now off to scour the news for any information that I can possibly find ....

***************

(Note - if you click on the title of this post, it will take you to the most up to date information MSNBC has ... at least for now ... this is for you Mom ...)

7 comments:

Laura said...

How scary, Lori. You're definitely right - that's not the kind of text you want to get from your son.

Cherri said...

Actually, it is a lot better than no text at all! Nice job, Ryan!

Lori Hurst said...

Actually, it was nice to know that he was OK. His apartment is a block off campus - so he is still in lockdown and bummed.

trish said...

So glad that Ryan is okay!! How scary.

Court said...

This world is a crazy place. I'm glad you and Ryan are able to communicate so quickly with each other. Stay safe Ryan!

Kristie said...

What a sweet, thoughtful boy to think to let you know he was okay so quickly! I'm glad he is safe.

Anonymous said...

Heard that this morning on my way to work and immediately thought of you and your son. Glad to hear he's okay.

Be safe, tell Ryan to keep his head down. AJ