23 September 2010

The first of the lasts

Gary is in a Town Car being chauffeured home right at this very minute. Thankfully (the being chauffeured part). It is after midnight - and I don't want to do it!

This is a momentous occasion:

It is his VERY LAST VISIT to ... his own home.

I am actively watching for his car since he has a lot of luggage, and even though he has been swimming daily and come a long way - he is still a cripple and I don't want him trying to schlep all his bags inside.

He plans on doing woodworking while he takes this very last 'vacation at the Texas home' per the usual. I personally think he is nuts and since the first thing he needs to do is take the headboard and foot board he just built off a table to set up the garage ... I guess we will quickly know if it is going to happen or not.

It will be good to see him. It has only been three weeks but, you know: that crippled part (he probably won't be pleased with my repeated use of the word ...) so I have been worried about him. And I am sure he has a few new tricks to show me:

Oh, say, like holding his arm higher than horizontal ...

He says he still can't lift it over his head - now THAT will be a day. Sort of like the day your kid takes those first wobbly steps. I'm sure it will come complete with an excited:

"Well, look at you!!!"

from me - and a celebratory drying of the hair from him (something he still cannot do).

Well, I have rambled enough ... he still has not arrived ...

cross your fingers and wish him luck!


Me too, I guess, since - if he cannot do woodworking - I'm gonna have one bored, angry puppy on my hands ....